The Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Mahasarakham University is a journal that aims to distributes scholarly works and research valuable to the development of academic knowledge in Humanities and Social Sciences field. The scope of the journal is as follows: humanities and social sciences study, Arts, Education, Music, Architecture, Language, and Literature. All articles will be reviewed by professional reviewers from both outside and inside Mahasarakham University in order to meet the international standar. Approximately 120 articles are published each year.
1. Language : Manuscript can be either Thai or English. Transliteration can be used accoding to Royal Institute Thailand. Avoid using English in Thai text if not necessary. English vocabulary that in Thai use should be lowercase except for specific name.
2. Manuscript : Manuscript should be typed in MS word, A4 (216x279 mm), minimum distance is 40 mm (1.5 inch) From the top and left edge of paper. font for the manuscript is browallia new 12 pt.
3. Length : The number of academic article and research article is limited to 12 pages.
4. Submission : Manuscript can be submitted online via https://so03.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/humsujournal/index
5. Manuscript content :
5.1 Research article
5.1.1 title should concise and convey the main goal of the study without any abbreviations. The length should not longer than 100 characters. If the manuscrip is Thai, it should include English title.
5.1.2 Author's name and address should include English. Affiliation should include departments, academic position, institution address, and authors' e-mail
5.1.3 Abstract : It should be easy to read. the content include objectives, review, and result. An abstract are limited to 250 words.
5.1.4 Keywords should be specify under the abstracy part
5.1.5 Introduction include background of the study and objectives. It should provide academic information related to the research.
5.5.6 Methodology : author should specify material and method, instruments, population, samples, statistics, data collection, and analysis instrument.
5.5.7 Result should be clear. It should not indicate too much numbers. Author should use good title and description. Charts and diagrams should not be over than 5 charts/diagram. Result analysis chould be clear and related to hypothesis.
5.5.8 Discussion and conclusion include consistent or inconsistent between objectives and result of the research. Are there any reasons relate to the result. Finally, author should leave the research question and further study at this point.
5.5.9 Table , diagram, figure should be used only where it is needed. Description of a table should be at the top of the table, but in case of figure and diagram, the description in under the figure and diagram.
5.5.10 Acknowledgement is a brief information about supporting fund and supportimg organization
5.5.11 References should be follow the American Psychological Association (APA) format
1. title should concise and convey the main goal of the study without any abbreviations. The length should not longer than 100 characters. If the manuscrip is Thai, it should include English title.
2. Author's name and address should include English. Affiliation should include departments, academic position, institution address, and authors' e-mail
3. Abstract : It should be easy to read. the content include objectives, review, and result. An abstract are limited to 250 words.
4. Keywords should be specify under the abstracy part
5. Introduction include background of an academic article, related objective, and objective of the article.
9. In text citation
1. Citation information / indexing information
2. reviewer's name
4. References should be follow the American Psychological Association (APA) format following to https://apastyle.apa.org/
1. Initially, all submissions are considered by the editor.
2. The editor confirms that the paper matches the instructions given on the “Author Guidelines” page.
3. The editor checks that the authors have submitted everything that is needed for the review of the submission, including the cover letter specifically stating that the work is unpublished and not being considered for publication elsewhere.
4. The editor will determine if the manuscript is within the scope of the journal. If the manuscript is out of scope, than it will be returned to the authors.
This journal operates a double - blinded review process. All contributions will be initially assessed by
the editor for suitability for the journal. Papers deemed suitable are then typically sent to a minimum of
two independent expert reviewers to assess the scientific quality of the paper. The Editor is responsible
for the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of articles. The Editor's decision is final. Editors
are not involved in decisions about papers which they have written themselves or have been written
by family members or colleagues or which relate to products or services in which the editor has an
interest. Any such submission is subject to all of the journal's usual procedures, with peer review
handled independently of the relevant editor and their research groups.
Double anonymized review
Both the reviewer and the author are anonymous in this model.
Some advantages of this model are listed below.
Author anonymity limits reviewer bias, for example based on an author's gender, country of origin, academic status or previous publication history.
Articles written by prestigious or renowned authors are considered on the basis of the content of their papers, rather than their reputation.
The journal will assign at least two reviewers (Double-Blinded)
If the manuscript is within the scope of the journal, then it will be sent to reviewers who will determine if it is suitable for publication in the journal. Any manuscripts that are not appropriate will be returned to the authors. The manuscript’s quality will be considered by the reviewers, and those that are of a quality that is not suitable will be returned to the authors. Any editorial suggestions that the reviewers have will be added to the manuscript document electronically in such a way that they can be distinguished from the original. The reviewers will then return the manuscript with comments and an evaluation to the editor.
The editor will compile the comments and recommendations from the reviewers to form a decision on publication. The decision will be sent to the authors usually within 8-12 weeks of the manuscript being submitted.
When notifying the authors of the journal’s decision, the editor will classify the manuscript into one of the following areas:
Manuscript is not suitable for the journal. An email is sent to the authors stating the decision and ending the review process.
Manuscript’s quality is not suitable for the journal. An email is sent to the authors stating the decision and ending the review process.
Manuscript is suitable but significant changes are required. An email is sent to the authors stating the decision and listing the changes needed to make the manuscript suitable for publication.
Manuscript is suitable but minor changes are required. An email is sent to the authors stating the decision and listing the changes needed to make the manuscript suitable for publication.
Manuscript is suitable for publication with no changes. An email is sent to the authors stating the decision.
It should be noted that otherwise suitable manuscripts can be rejected due to space limitations and publication deadlines. Authors should ensure that there is a suitable amount of time for the review process to be completed when submitting a manuscript. Authors should be aware that requests for revisions do not indicate acceptance, and that if revisions are not performed satisfactorily the manuscript can still be rejected.
The editor’s decision is final. However, if an Author can document good reasons why a decision was wrong there is a process to contest the decision. If this is the situation, the authors should contact the editor stating their case.
Authors submitting their research article to this journal are encouraged to deposit research data in a relevant data repository and cite and link to this dataset in their article.
The different versions of the paper are in the THAIJO2 system.
Authors may deposit the submitted version via THAIJO2 submission system after registration.
Links : https://so03.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/humsujournal/index
Authors may deposit the accepted version (Author Accepted Manuscript) via THAIJO2 account.
Links : https://so03.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/humsujournal/index
The published version (Version of Record) are open access which can be reached via https://www.tci-thaijo.org/